Thursday, May 26, 2016

When your cell phone dies, and you don't know what to do with yourself.





I am attached to my cell phone 24/7. I wish I could have it glued to myself.  I have noticed lately that I am addicted to my cell phone, and my social media apps. Every morning when I wake up, I have to check, in this order, Snapchat, then Instagram, then Timehop, then I check emails, and finally I scroll through Facebook. All of these before I even get out of bed.


I have also noticed that I am always looking at my phone when I am waiting. Just like most people. Have you ever walked in to a waiting room and actually saw people interacting? NO! they are always on their phones. People nowadays are always connected to their phones. There is something about being connected to the world In the palm of your hand, that people just can’t disconnect.  Hence the problem of texting and driving.  I will omit that I used to do it all the time. I had a problem with being able to ignore my phone when it goes off. It was like burning a hole in me.  I don’t do it anymore, because I have hands free in my car now. I think the hands free technology has cut down on texting and driving. But what I see more than ever, most in young women, is snapchatting and taking pictures while driving.  While driving yesterday I was pasting an accident, and I counted at least three people trying to take a picture of it, while their car was still moving.



I feel that the advances in technology that keeping use connected to our phones. We pretty much have a computer in our hands. The more advances in technology the less disconnect that people will become with the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree! As of lately I have really been conscious about how much I am on my phone and using social media and sometimes I wish I would just put my phone down and enjoy the world outside of technology. I think you're point about not being able to just disconnect is really good as well, we almost have to train ourselves to not be so attached to our phones and computers, and that seems really sad to me.

    ReplyDelete